April 23, 2012

Earth Day 2012

Without thinking to much about it, we actually did some "earthy" things on Earth Day. Helping animals with baking, and appreciating the environment by going on a hike.

Emily and I dropped off more of her amazing baked goods at the vegan bake sale in Seattle's U-District. All the benefits go to the Pigs Peace Sanctuary in Stanwood, WA. They do bake sales a few times a year so stay tuned on their facebook page to see when the next one is happening.

Then, later in the day I went for a little walk/hike near our house. Redmond's not the most exciting place to live but I really can't complain when a 20 min walk gets me here:
 

My camera isn't great for capturing the light in the forest but it still takes
some decent close ups.

The biggest difference from the wilderness areas here in the Pacific Northwest
compared to the Midwest is how wet everything is. Wet and mossy.
Wet.
Mossy.
 

I like stumps with stuff growing off of them. Deep.


 



Self Portrait!
Almost every artist I know loves taking photos. (even with a not so amazing camera). Some do it to collect REF, others do it to build their visual vocabulary. I think it nicely ties into Earth Day as well.  

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time."
-attributed to multiple sources

No comments:

Post a Comment